FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Emirates (EK) Awards Availability/Booking/Routing (2016 and Later)
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:11 pm
edgewood49

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Klrduks
For any of you that have combined Alaska/Emirates flights in a mileage award reservation, you may know that the Emirates App did not allow you to manage your Emirates flights. (You can on the website, however.) While it would load your reservation, when you clicked on it, your would get the following message "Sorry, we have a technical problem at the moment. Please try again later." I asked their IT department about the problem and they indicated that their app could not yet handle non-Emirates flights.

Well, Emirates pushed an App update yesterday and you now can manage your Emirates flight seat assignments and document/contact updates. Great to see!!

You still can not check in on-line using an Emirates confirmation code on their site/app if your first flight is not on Emirates. Hope this will change sometime soon.
I have been able to load on reservations and even AS awards and manage them seats etc. for a long time Yes there were glitches and of recent last year had one but over all no issues online. I do have a EK FF number as well.