FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:50 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ahchiu
Got my 50k, and wanted the 100k, but did not SM Chase.

Was this "SM to Chase" to match technique advertised, or mentioned in the Wiki, I guess I wasn't aware this was mandatory?
Chase has a policy that if a better public offer is available within 90 days you have applied the same product, it would match the better public offer ONLY WHEN YOU REQUEST IT. This is not automatically done. Not only common sense tells you this would not be automatically done for obvious reasons but there are NUMEROUS mentioning in various Chase threads about asking for a match either by phone or by SM.

In all fairness Chase did NOT even need to match the 100K offer because that offer required cardholder to pay the $95 AF so it could easily NOT to match it but it did anyway when asked.

Learn the lesson - Wiki is not fool proof. There is nothing can substitute READING the threads and LEARN something from reading than only rely on what is in the Wiki which is depending on who posts in the wiki and either is guaranteed accurate or is timely. It is nothing more that a general summary of data points available. For the most accurate and most timely info, again, no substitute than spending some time to Read and Read Some More.

I may be SOL now, but do you think threatening to cancel the card would persuade Chase to somehow match now?
You are not serious, aren't you?

Chase would happily cancel your card the moment you said you did not want the card now because you did not get what you thought you should but you never applied for / nor asked for a match...

May want to read the retention thread to see how much Chase would give in...

Just looking for options now...
None that exists.

Last edited by Happy; Jul 28, 2016 at 4:25 pm