FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T2 LHR lounges
Thread: T2 LHR lounges
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:17 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
lhr t2 sucks. i hate it. so over engineered and overbuilt and the footprint is just ludicrous. honestly the stands for narrow bodies at t2a do not need to as large as they are but i guess bigger and more wasteful is better. but at least it has 3 fabulous lounges and a mediocre one just in case.

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Is it true that the LH Sen lounge has the highest quality food out of all the lounges because it uses Do and Co? I assume if my flight departs from 2B then it would make sense to head to the LH Lounge in T2A first? Is it even worth it for a 3 hr connection or should I just stick to UA/AC?
i will confirm this, i was in love with the uc and sq lounge food, which is good, but lh is by far the best for breakfast and dinner. every time i transit lhr (typically very first thing in the am) i go to lh. self serve bar, wide variety, and best lounge food in lhr. the interior design is very german/weird but breakfast jack daniel made me forget that...and the fact i'm in crappy t2.

sq has great food, the best deserts, singapore slings, and nice seating assuming the lounge isn't crowded
ua has almost as good food, no real deserts, best coffee, giant bottles of water, and nice bright open layout. and the best showers.
ac sucks but they have giant cookies in the evening and little sleeping cubicles in the back

because t2 sucks no matter where you arrive you have to re clear thru the gong show security in t2a. the lh lounge is in t2a right after that absolutely pointless job creating self-invented bottle neck after security where a purple coat scans your boarding card for whatever stupid reason.

lh to sq took me 9mins 40 seconds, 6'5" fast walk. use the elevators.