FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Labor disruptions (AF/KLM) in Europe, late July to early August 2016
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:29 pm
ND76

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by HelloItsMe
Can someone remind me why people still book tickets on AF?
I've had good to superior experiences on AF over the years; I'll always be grateful to them for giving my late father and me the last two upgrade seats in J on a flight in 2003 SFO-CDG that I booked through Delta in the M bucket but Delta would not honor my upgrade instrument; AF bumped 5 people to F SFO-CDG, and upgraded 5 Y pax to J, including my dad and myself.

AF's flights on the IAD-CDG route are solid; interestingly, IMO the food is better eastbound than westbound. Also eastbound, the crew seem eager to get back to France, so they take pains to get the flight buttoned up and off the gate 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure (if you don't check in with them 60 minutes prior to departure, they won't board you).

AF has also vastly improved their terminal situation at CDG.

My wife and I were caught up in an industrial action at CDG in 2009 as we were heading home on a MXP-CDG-IAD itinerary. This time, it was their inter-terminal bus drivers (we landed at 2F and needed to connect at 2E). The buses drove at about 5 kmph and had the heat turned up full blast. I guess we were collateral damage.