FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Narita Int'l. Airport (NRT) Layover & Hotel Master Thread
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:12 pm
evergrn

Originally Posted by duniawala
I have a 19 hr layover in Narita. LAX-NRT arriving around 5:30 pm and departing next day at 12:30 pm NRT-DEL. JL is providing a free hotel, but I am not sure if it is in the airport or outside. Is there anything to do or see during this layover time or am I destined to be stuck in a hotel room.
Depends on where they're putting you up at, but I suspect it'll be at one of the airport hotels in which case there's not much nearby. Some of the hotels have free shuttles to not only NRT but also to Narita town. If so, you can take that or the taxi to Narita town, although a lot of things will be shut down by the time you're able to get there at night. You could go visit the Narita temple in the morning, although I presume a lot of the nearby stores and such won't be open before ~10am.

If you wanted, you could go spend a night in Tokyo. Ueno would be the fastest to/from NRT, and there are some things there to do. You'd probably have 7p~10a to spend there.