FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Seating Policy Guide
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:23 am
JMac82

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Apologies for the basic question here, but I've read through these pages and have seen a couple of differing answers. I have booked a flight in CE for myself and partner under two different flight bookings as she has to travel the first leg of the journey from Edinburgh to London at a different time to me before we then do the CE flight to DUB together at a separate time. I'm BA Gold and she is BA Silver. For the CE flight from LHR to DUB I can currently see all seats in rows 1 and 2 as available on my seating plan, but cannot choose these seats on her online seating plan. I called the BA Gold desk to ask them to link the bookings together and assign her seats next to me (which I have done in the past), but they now say this isn't possible. Is this because of FLY only allowing visibility of certain seats to different members? If so, would these seats become available at T-72 or T-24 for her to choose, so we can sit together - currently there are no other pairs next to each other in CE apart from rows 1& 2 which I can see, so she is sitting in row 4 at the moment and I am in row 1