FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Favorite Marriott beach resort
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:08 am
hhoope01
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bosman
For us, St. kitts was the best.
I liked the resort well enough, but it is not on the nicest beach. My wife didn't like the beach there at all.

The Cayman RC is a very nice resort and it is on the best part of 7 mile beach. You get the best of both the resort and the beach. (Or course it can be a bit pricey as well.)

If you just want a nice beach, the Springhill Suites in Pensacola Beach, FL might be a good option (though that might depend on how late into the fall you go as it does get colder there in the winter.) It is basically just a normal Springhill Suites. So if you are looking for a high end resort with all the amenties one might provide, it might not fit the bill. But if you want a nice hotel on a great stretch of beach it might be worth looking into (and in general prices for food/drink/car/entertainment/etc aren't necessarily outrageous either.) And there are a lot of neat things to see and do in Pensacola.

The Harbor Beach Marriott in Ft. Lauderdale is a nice full service resort on a very nice part of Ft. Lauderdale's beach (and it is on a less crowded stretch of beach to boot.) I've been told that Mr. Marriott himself vacations here every year. But while there are definitely things to do in Ft. Lauderdale, Miami does have more night life going for it.