FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best postal address to claim missing avios?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:56 am
T8191
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I had a problem with Avios on EI Regional [Stobart Air] ... the DUB-JER credited OK, but not the JER-DUB. So, for the sake of 137 Avios and as a matter of principle, I phoned the Gold line, who said they would pass this to the back office.

This morning I received an email from BAEC ...
While we have your boarding pass showing the class of travel, we are unable to process your claim without specific letter codes, so we still need information showing your booked class.

On economy Aer Lingus fares only flights with a booked class of Y, M, N, L, X, S, R and W are eligible for Avios.

Unfortunately we do not have access to partner records, but you're welcome to contact their Sales or Reservations departments directly for the information we need, or you can send us a copy of your e-ticket or an itinerary from your travel agent. This should show the booked class indicated by a letter and, if possible, your ticket number as well.
hmmm ... For some obscure reason we seem to have been booked in A outbound and W inbound!! And the e-ticket number is shown as a string of ............

Sorry ... a bit off-topic, but I felt like having a small [rant]