FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Western award strategies and tips ?
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:12 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
I will earn 60K points from a sign up bonus and my goal is to book 3 award nights in Japan that require 72K points (24K/night).

Are there any strategies to maximize my award, or earn the missing points fast ?

Does Best Western run award night point discounts ?

I know I could redeem the 48K points towards 2 nights and the remaining 12K points towards a $50 USD BW gift card

Thanks
No, Best Western doesn't run award night point discounts, that I've ever heard of.

Where in Japan?

In Tokyo, for example, the Best Western program is not the best redemption value. You can apply for Choice Privileges credit card (well, if you can apply for US-based cards, that is), get a 32k signup bonus, and use that for 4 nights at one of two Choice (redemption only) hotels in Tokyo which are only 8k points per night (for North American Choice Privileges members).

So, for example, for Tokyo I'd recommend using Choice, and save Best Western for a location where there are no better redemptions in other programs available. (Of course, not knowing where in Japan you're looking to redeem, I can't know whether Best Western is the only chain property there or not.)