FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX AA T-4 - TBIT secure airside connector (open Feb 2016)
Old Jul 26, 2016, 4:03 pm
IHG

Originally Posted by Microwave
As mentioned by JDiver, there are currently no passengers using the checkpoint... as in, none. You get PreCheck lite, meaning laptops and liquids out but no NOS and shoes / belt stay on. Until this checkpoint gets overrun by people, I'll be using it for all of my T4 and TBIT flights.

As an aside, I did snap some pictures but haven't really been in front of a computer long enough to figure out how to upload them. Will do shortly.
I went through this checkpoint on Monday after my flight from Sydney on AA. However, there was a line of people. Most appeared to be Australian based on the passports they were holding. Appears they were either from my AA flight or the Qantas flight that landed shortly before mine. That might explain one reason for not having TSA Pre at that checkpoint since Qantas and a few other non-US airlines do not participate in that program. After clearing this checkpoint, I took an escalator up and then walked over to terminal 4 where I stayed for a few hours in the AA lounge. Then it was a bus ride over to the remote AA terminal(Eagle's nest). First time in that terminal. The ride over was interesting as large airplanes go whizzing by you on their way to gates. A few times I thought the bus driver was racing with the planes as we paralleled each other No a/c on a crowded bus made it somewhat uncomfortable. Luckily it was only about 10 minutes or so.