FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Attracting More Tourists
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2016, 3:34 pm
AlwaysAisle

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by txflyer77
Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
I've never been to Japan (besides the airports) but reading the first page of this thread, it sounds like a difficult place to visit for a US American.
It's really not. Few countries are easier to travel in than Japan.
I think this forum is scaring a lot people away from Japan. This is the reason you should not believe what you read on an Internet!

This is my view, I do not think Japanese government should get involved in tourism industry. I think let free market demand and supply lead the direction of tourism industry in Japan, rather than Japanese government getting involved. It is usually not a good idea for a government to get involved in something which should be left in private industry. See, we let Japanese government decide where Tokyo should have an international airport, and then we got Narita. If you have a choice, would you rather fly in and out of Haneda or Narita?

I do think people who have very strong negative opinions about tourism industry in Japan, then let the wallet do the talk.