FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair User Experience sessions stuff [separated from Meeting with AY+ Loyalty]
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:09 pm
heatsink

Programs: AY Platinum
I needed to upgrade a booking for two people today. Here's a list of everything that managed to annoy and confuse us:

• If you try to upgrade both people at the same time, the website will only let you use one person's points. Due to this, we had to do it separately.
  • I am now on a different booking reference, whereas my friend was left on the original one (??). Customer support says that our bookings can't be merged anymore.
  • My upgrade took longer to show on one flight than the other, making me think that something had failed.
  • The website still won't let you use 4 EU upgrades for 1 long haul upgrade. This raises the number of things we had to do to three. Upgrade me both ways, upgrade him one way, upgrade him the other way via email.

Finally, the confirmation email says:

"HINTA
1260,60 EUR
(1050,60EUR
210 EUR
lahjakortista)
KOKONAISHINTA
1260,60 EUR"

This is however, incorrect, or at least highly misleading. The correct price is 1260,60 euros by credit card PLUS 210 euros from a voucher, for a total of 1470,60 euros.

Last edited by heatsink; Jul 25, 2016 at 3:15 pm