FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SQ drops IAH-DME, adds IAH-MAN-SIN
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:10 pm
truncated

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Three more calls to SQ over the past day and still no resolution. All the "US" agents I've been getting insist that there are no more Thursday flights ex-IAH in their schedule and that they cannot rebook on OAL ("there's no SQ flight number on the UA flights so we can't book them", one of them told me, seriously...) so take SQ on Wednesday or full refund. Had half a mind to ask them what happens to IAH-DME pax if they can only rebook on SQ but they'd probably tell me they have to fly IAH-MAN-SIN-DME so I didn't bother.

SIN-based agents keep insisting that only the IAH/US reservations office can deal with the change and they claim they've put in requests for US reservations to call me back but no dice. Not going to call US reservations again since I'm pretty sure I'm just getting India/the Philippines who have no idea what's going on.

My guess is they're still working out agreements with OAL (hopefully LH and not UA) to take over the pax and will contact us eventually once they figure things out so I'd just sit tight for now. The lack of communication and the lying from all the phone agents is incredibly frustrating though. Have half a mind to go to the ION sales office when I get back to SIN in August and park myself there until I get some resolution (but seeing how things have gone so far they'd probably tell me to go to IAH and sort it out there ).

Originally Posted by rivlinm
Similar boat for me. April. In F. Have not gotten any calls or emails yet.

My options seem to be:

LH J (really y) MAN via FRA. Then SQ to IAH from MAN
LH J to FRA then LH F to IAH (Ideal)
SQ J to SIN then SQ F to LAX or SFO and UA on to IAH (I'd be happy to skip the UA segment and stay out west)
DME>SIN>MAN>IAH all in SQ F

What do you think they will offer? How can I push for LH F?
After 7 phone calls I can't even push for UA Y let alone LH lol. And from my experiences with the call center you might actually be able to get option 4 since it's the only one with SQ flight numbers

Last edited by truncated; Jul 24, 2016 at 10:16 pm