FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 24, 2016, 8:05 pm
dsquared37
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I had a very short but unsatisfactory stay here in mid-May.

Late checkin (11pm) early checkout (7AM flight). No breakfast options (diamond or otherwise) prior to 6AM. Hopes of making a cup of coffee in the room dashed when I noticed the reservoir was filled with dirt and what looked like paint chips.

Checked out to catch the 5AM bus back to DCA. The FDC inquired about my stay and I was truthful that I was disappointed there was no option for food prior to 6AM (perhaps I'm just spoiled by the DFW GH) and that I couldn't even make a cup of coffee in the room.

She apologized and offered "some points". About a week later, with no points appearing I filled out the email stay survey matter of factly. About 3 weeks later I received an email: "Please accept my apologies on behalf of all our associates for not delivering the service our guests deserve and expect from us." And then I was offered, not the promised points, but an upgrade or free VIP pick up/drop off.

As I was here solely for a short overnight layover, and wouldn't stay here otherwise, I find the offer paltry - I'd much prefer a simple goodwill points deposit as initially stated. As I still haven't been given points, nor was my followup ever responded to, it's unlikely I'll be staying here again.

I would have been fine with a simple initial apology if that was all there was. Since I was offered points I do expect them to live up to the declaration.