FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA should enhance its E-TICKET delivery by sending PDFs
Old Jul 24, 2016, 3:47 pm
CrazyJ82

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
This has been a pet peeve of mine for as long as I've been flying BA. In my CX days they used to provide a pdf where by printing only the first page you'd have all the flight and price details in one place with the PNR and e-tkt number to boot. On complex itineraries it would make checking a flight time incredibly easy without having to flip through page after page, especially where the flight numbers display in different colors that may or may not print well at home.

Those who question whether paper printouts are necessary are, dare I say, showing the narrowness of their travel experience. I've been asked for paper -- not "on the phone" -- printouts of e-ticket receipts at airline check-in desks, at security check points before even entering the terminal to check in, at immigration desks, at the entrance to the cordoned-off areas around check-in desks... And I've needed to refer to a print-out when making flight changes on the phone in the back of a cab. If in the best case BA is taking four pages to present the necessary info, it's more than a little ridiculous.