FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA should enhance its E-TICKET delivery by sending PDFs
Old Jul 24, 2016, 5:58 am
FlyerTalker688786
Suspended

Originally Posted by KARFA
If 3) and 4) are just your own records why not print the e-ticket as a pdf and keep them in a folder on your pc. You get an email eticket anyway so perhaps have an eticket folder in your email account.
FYI, I always use used paper to print our boarding pass. But that is besides the point. The point here is why BA can not do what other airlines do by providing one page E-ticket solution.

I haven't ever been asked to show my eticket on entering the US - in fact I don't think I have been asked anywhere for one, although I haven't done the TWOV in China yet.
Originally Posted by TIMATIC
USA - Destination Visa

Visa required.

Additional information:

The following applies to those traveling under the US Visa Waiver Program:

Passengers must have a biometric passport.

A return/onward ticket (or electronic ticket record) must be to a final destination country other than Canada, Mexico or contiguous (adjacent) countries or territories situated in or bordering the Caribbean Sea. If a passenger holds proof of residence in Canada, Mexico or a contiguous (adjacent) country or territory and is transiting the USA to that country or territory, then an onward/return ticket to that country or territory is accepted.

Important:

Passengers must have an ESTA authorization obtained at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/ and are advised to check their ESTA status prior to travel.

Visitors must hold a return/onward ticket to qualify for a visa exemption.
USA never checks, I have never been checked. But requirement is there. And travellers are responsible themselves to provide E-ticket when asked by agents.