FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetBlue Mint Menus
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2016, 10:01 am
BlaiseBOS

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, UA Silver, JetBlue Mosaic
Food looks good . . . but taste?

I've been flying Mint since inception and have noticed an ongoing decline in the food quality as Mint matures. Sure, it looks pretty. But now it's not consistently tasty. Yesterday was first time in two years that I've had to ask for replacement choices, although I've been tempted to do so on prior two flights.

The decision-makers are failing to consider what works at 36,000 feet. So the Angus beef slider with bacon jam can only be successful if it doesn't arrive on an ice-cold pre-toasted bun. They ought to have described the dish as one of their "served chilled" selections, honestly -- the cheese of course was not even partially softened sitting on the cold bun).

The FA explained that they cannot heat any of the breads. So, given this limitation, B6 would be better off sticking to high-moisture hot dishes that will survive the limited capabilities of the galley equipment. Ditch the burgers and go for boneless spare ribs or the chili, or whatever. JetBlue is trying to keep things interesting with variety, but the experimentation should not be performed on the pax.

Halibut was like leather and fishy (I don't mean that in a good way), to boot. So that meant two out of the three hot choices flunked.

Mint remains a very good product, but now that it's been expanded to more routes, it's time for B6 to reevaluate the menu and cabin-service procedures to make it an excellent product once again.