FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Peninsula HKG lounge catering contract not renewed, Plaza Premium replacement
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:17 am
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by 24left
@QRC3288
Wow. Disappointing might be an understatement.
It really was. I love Pier F too! But the PP swap (and enough experiences that I think I get the general idea of the pros/cons to the swap from Peninsula), combined with the stunning Pier J mean I think I'll end up in the latter quite a bit. I wonder if CX even cares....they might not mind this dynamic, pax like me willing to go to the J lounge instead because we prefer it to the F lounge.

In theory the F lounge is better, especially since it has a restaurant. But this trip, as well as a few recent ones where small service errors keep occurring, plus this menu change, and the fact it's clear to me now PP serving a restaurant is not their forte, and I think I genuinely prefer Pier J. Love the vibe there.

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
DO you happen to have any pics of the new menu by chance?
Stupid me. I should've taken a picture. I'm sorry I didn't. Hopefully someone who reads this will remember to in the next few days.

I asked the waitress if there was a different menu upon entering (it looked different from my memory). She didn't say anything about a new menu, just "this is our all day menu, dinner too".

Only when I told them I thought the service was a huge disappointment did they bother saying it was a new menu, as an excuse for why service kept screwing up. Just poor form. But it did indeed click then why I was initially unfamiliar with the menu.