FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA in Cruz control in the 'Race to the bottom'
Old Jul 22, 2016, 4:22 pm
ttama

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by HIDDY
The airline industry has had to adapt as people cry out for lower fares. Either live with it or fly the usual subsidised carriers.
The current club class fare for the return LHR-YVR flight I'm looking for in September is £5957.05. The Air Canada fare on the same dates is around half that price. I understand that pricing is flexible, and I understand about fare classes, etc etc. But imagine paying that price for a flight today, based on the advertised level of service, and then finding that you aren't offered the currently advertised choice of starters, the Club Kitchen items that BA currently advertise, and the lounge facilities that they currently advertise (these are some of the "enhancements" threatened in another thread").

BA does not have to adapt in this way, nor should we have to choose another airline. That smells of victim-blaming. As ticket-holding customers we should expect the service that is advertised by BA and that we have paid for. It's ridiculous to excuse the behaviour of any company that advertises a particular level of service on their website in order to get people to spend money with them, and then doesn't offer it when the customer turns up to use it. Quite honestly, a deliberate attempt to withdraw a service that you've advertised to a customer who's then paid for that service is fraud.