FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Park Central, Dallas, TX [Master Thread]
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:55 am
mbowden19

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum Elite, DL PM (MM)
Originally Posted by spgplat21
That's disappointing to hear. I know they are currently doing renovations and I thought the lobby turned out pretty good. The bar area is a perfectly nice place to grab a drink or dinner.

The rooms were definitely showing their age so hopefully that renovation will go through soon.

On the platinum recognition, I wonder if it was unusually busy because I've received a suite here on probably 8 of my last 10 stays and they are usually huge suites with a dining table. I'm also usually given a full breakfast and the 500 points. As far as Westins go, the platinum recognition I've received has always been about as good as it gets.
Similar experience - I've stayed 8-10 night over the last year or so and have always gotten upgraded, the breakfast, and the points. Must have been an anomaly?

Agreed its not the best Westin out there but it's consistently been the lowest rate for me and a solid location for what I need. Hopefully the renovation lifts this property to where it should be (shouldn't be difficult as it was showing its age).