FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with Venice restaurants please!
View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:52 am
VivoPerLei

Originally Posted by Perche
You have to make sure you are at the right place. As mentioned upthread, in ore to capitali e in the name there are three restaurants with the name Da Fiore in it. One is the Michelin star place. The others are imposters of the worst kind. They serve frozen food, adverse being near San Marco, etc, which he real one is not. Probably 90% of the people who rate Da Fiore on TripAdvisor, should someone rely on that, probably didn't even know what restaurant they went to.

Alle Testiere cannot be overwhelmed by their volume. They only have nine tables, and it has been a sell-out every night sinc they were voted one of the 50 best restaurants in the world about 13 years ago. The same two guys run it.
Roger that, just relaying my experience. Ate at the proper Michelin star Osteria Da Fiore and was underwhelmed. Ate at Alle Testiere and they ran out of food that evening. He said his wife was interested in Quadra but he wasn't convinced. Sounds like he wants at least one very special fine dining experience, even if not typically Venetian.

By the way, I re-read your post 6 this morning several times and I believe you might have mistakenly referenced Osteria Da Fiore as being a tourist stop when you mention three Fiore's and something along the lines of 'everything but the latter' are tourist stops. Maybe you meant everything but the former? I was confused anyway, and if I'm wrong I apologize and will come back and correct this.