FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another DONEx originating CPT query
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2016, 2:55 am
aaupgrade

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by skipaway
How far into your trip are you aa? Do you plan to switch where you put your miles at 75K, if you are using AA as your FF program?
I'm only 3 segments into my trip which started in HND. I'm crediting my post Aug 1 AA flights and BA flights to BA in order to get BAEC Silver (OW Sapphire) by December (my membership year with them runs March-March). That way I'll go into my next membership year with BAEC Silver (Avios bonuses on BA and AA coded flights and US domestic lounge access) and on my way to BAEC Gold in 2017. I'll split my 2017 earnings between AA and BA with 75K RDMs going to AA and about 82K Avios.

FWIW, I'm AA LT Plat and buy domestic F most of the time (or F award) unless it's a really short flight. So the SWUs and higher up on domestic upgrade list aren't big sellers so I do not feel the need to go for EXP. I travel only 1-3 US domestic flights, so can't justify $450 for lounge access, so BAEC Silver/Gold will provide me the lounge access which is more of a plus, especially at IAD where there is no Admirals club but there is a BA lounge; F Lounges worldwide when traveling in J will be nice too.