FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DHS proposes requesting social media identifiers on I-94 and ESTA forms
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:44 pm
flyerguy99

Not directly on the travel point, but FYI this is one of the changes being considered for the security clearance process for federal employees / military members: anyone with a clearance would be required to disclose all publically-accessible social media locations at which they post any content, and their specific identities at those locations.

I.e., I would have to tell the government that I am "flyerguy99" at flyertalk.com, "GoBollWeevils88" at ESPN.com, "SomeRandomDude" at Twitter, "OakStreetFred&Nancy" on the Bucolic Estates neighborhood association bulletin board, and so on. Possibly even with constant updates required, so I guess if i later post an ad for my garage sale on Craigslist, I'd have to add that ID. Oh yeah, not to mention pointing your friendly local security office at your Match, Tinder/Grinder, or AdultFriendFinder.com accounts....

Details are still non-existent, not least being what counts as 'social media'. But the intent specified by Congress is to move to 'continuous monitoring' of social media activity by federal employees, contractor employees, military members.