FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Radisson Rewards Elite experiences
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:00 am
DrRodneyMcKay

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
What is your Club Carlson status? Gold

Where did you stay? Radisson Blu Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a standard room, received an upgrade to a "business" room on the top foor.

Did you receive elite benefits? Yes - Complimentary Room Upgrade, Early Check In

How are the rooms? Amazing. This is a pretty new hotel (or at least very well kept up). Since I was upgraded, I as on the top floor, where I had almost floor to ceiling windows around half the room giving me an amazing view of the airport; I could see the planes taking off one by one, which was really cool to watch. The room was spacious, the bed was super comfortable, they had all the amenities I might need (fridge, coffeemaker, free slippers, etc..) In general the room design was very nice, tones of blue that were very aesthetically pleasing. The room also had blackout curtains so I could sleep in complete darkness during the day (which I needed to due to my crazy travel schedule)

- What was good and what was bad? Everything was wonderful, really. I arrived at 11am after an overnight flight that took 15 hours and was exhausted; they let me check in at 11 to an upgraded room where I could crash for the entire day and leave at 3am the next morning). They gave me a free upgrade to my status, the concierges were incredibly polite and helpful, and directed me on how to quickly get to the airport. They also have an amazing rooftop restaurant with a terrace, where you can watch the planes take off at sunset while you eat, and they bring you out blankets if you get cold.

- Value for money or Gold Points? Would you return? Definitely! I paid about $80 (since the exchange rate for the ruble to the USD is so good right now) and got an upgraded room on the top floor - definitely an excellent deal!