FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Sand Key Resort, Tampa (Clearwater Beach) [Master Thread]
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:39 am
jordandawg05

Originally Posted by jb3t
No major changes...

- Club lounge still excellent. Good breakfast spread, good evening snacks, and free booze. Peggy is still there.

- As for food, my wife and I tend to choose location over food quality... like Frenchys Rock-Away Grill (the one on the water which has good food too) or the Palm Pavilion (also on the water with decent pub food). However, there's many options.

just completed a 7 night stay there.
we had a great time, traveling with a 7 month baby. as stated in many posts, the staff was great and i booked 5 nights on points and 2 paid. The two paid had club lounge access and i was afraid the access will be removed but it wasn't. We stayed on the 8th floor in a king size bed.

The pool as stated was crowded for this size of a hotel. We really had to get up in the morning and 'reserve' a spot which wasn't managed in any way by pool staff. we only did that one morning, the rest of the time we would go late morning or afternoon and you can still find loungers but far from pool which was OK . We tried the poolside cafe few times and in my opinion it was OK , little overpriced but all resorts are like that. We also tried rusty's for their prime rib buffet and that was good. We also liked the grill by the convention center as they had good burgers.

We also enjoyed the club lounge, Peggy who's been there for 18 years was awesome. i've heard about her from this site and the expectation were met. even though the lounge was small the week we visited didn't have tons of people as most people visited the previous week of 7/4th. i thought our timing was good and we enjoyed having a relax atmosphere.

we also used the trolley to visit clearwater, the stop was at the convention center and we enjoyed that for the most part. we only had one hick up one time when the bus didn't stop at the designated area and kept going on our way back to the hotel. 10 dollars for a 3 day pass, or 5 dollar for an all day pass per person.

overall great experience for the value ( points) and couldn't be happier with the service we got.