FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Honors VP Takes Your Questions
View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 2016, 2:11 pm
Michael19887

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Aaron/Lauren - Thanks for taking the time to take our feedback. My .02:

What's working:

1. Redeeming free nights and HHonors promotions. While it may take a lot of points to redeem at some properties, I've found that the redemptions are reasonable and attainable on the current points earning and redemption structure. I also like that the current promotions (such as unlimited bonus) have been spending based, as I often charge a lot of incidentals to the room. Also, the Hilton credit cards (I use the Amex surpass) earnings bonuses add up.

2. Hilton HHonors App - The app has significantly improved over the years.

3. Just a general comment that Conrad properties in Asia are some of the best hotels of any brand in the world, particularly in terms of HHonors treatment (I've been to Maldives, Hong Kong, Macao).

What could be improved:

Benefits are not in line with the competition, specifically:
a. Upgrades. Hilton should consider implementing a policy like Hyatt or SPG - which allocates a certain number of suite redemption certificates or nights that can be used in a standard suite to their the most loyal guests. I always spend more money at properties that I feel recognize my loyalty and upgrade me.
b. Breakfast - Hyatt offers Diamonds a full breakfast at properties without a lounge
c. Waldorf Astoria MyWay benefits (particularly breakfast) should align with the remaining brands, including Conrad.