FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew to vote on Industrial Action
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:17 am
London_traveller

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I don't know why there would be delays at check-in, the industrial action is being voted on by cabin crew, not ground crew.

As for grumpy staff, I think BA crew are professional enough not to allow their (understandable) differences with bosses to become grumpy to passengers.
I recall the last strikes, and more broadly, the discontent among staff on introduction of the changes (not specifically on strike days but at that time in general). Service onboard was not as good - I noticed a lack of engagement that I hadn't noticed, among some of the crew. Of course, not everyone is 100% perfect all the time. But there was a difference. The time I most noticed it was travelling in F. If you get a CC member who's working your seat for the flight and is working to rule, you truly appreciate the difference between that and normal F service experience.

The union knows that full strikes won't bring the airline to a halt. Lesson truly learnt on that one. But industrial action, even if 'short of a strike', is enough of an incentive for many to switch airlines, in case there is a strike or at least disruption during a work-to-rule period.

Not good at all. I really feel for the cabin crew though. What are they supposed to do - roll over and accept yet another 'enhancement' to their employment T&Cs?