FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Above & Beyond: Amazing Events Brought To You By British Airways & Chase
Old Jul 17, 2016, 3:48 pm
golfmad
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Reserved: Sunday July 3rd 2016

No time for breakfast in the morning. We had to pack which was considerably harder given the things we'd been given along the way. Thankfully one of the gifts was another decent sized bag. The packing was done brilliantly by one of us and it wasn't me.

Very smartly, our hosts had arranged for airportr to collect our luggage from the rooms and have it meet us later on at LCY. Very handy service.

And so, to the last part of our trip. A river cruise along the River Thames from the Savoy Pier to Tower Bridge followed by a farewell brunch served in the North Tower.

The boat had a fully stocked bar but I don't think it had much action.

Up inside the north tower with a glass floor!

Followed by yet another eating opportunity:

Once back at ground level the fleet were waiting for us to take us to LCY to be reunited with G-EUNB for the trip home via Shannon:

This little chum sniffed some money in my laptop bag so a search ensued. We have one like him at home although ours costs us money instead of finding it:

Back on board. The sushi prior to Shannon were tasty.

At JFK we were both through immigration in seconds due to Global Entry. We stayed the night by the airport and headed back in the morning via Delta. We arrived a little late which was a bit of a problem for us both. In my case I had a change of clothes in the car, repacked and headed back into the airport bound for Houston, but that's another story.

Last edited by golfmad; May 24, 2018 at 12:57 pm