FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US CBP Mobile Passport Control App (MPC)
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2016, 2:04 pm
RandomBaritone

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
I'm still in shock over the terrible experience I had using Mobile Passport at EWR on July 15. While the immigration queue for Mobile Passport users was short and fairly easy to find, customs was another story. We headed downstairs and were stunned to find the customs queue snaking entirely around the luggage carousels. There was no signage indicating a separate line for Mobile Passport users.

Worst of all though, the CBP personnel were inexplicably hostile to travelers, shouting in English at several families who clearly did not understand them and had done nothing wrong. When I went to ask one agent where Mobile Passport users should line up, he screamed "The end of the line is OVER THERE!" as several other passengers stood nearby, stunned.

And then to add insult to injury, once we made it through the queue, only one of the CBP agents was set up to accept mobile receipts, forcing several of us to queue up yet again. In total, clearing customs took nearly half an hour -- this after we'd already been admitted by immigration.

It really was like being in a developing country.