FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Horror stories due to terrible travel companions
Old Jul 16, 2016, 5:49 pm
Tchiowa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by schmoove
Any trip outside of the 4-6 people range is bound to end in disaster if its long enough. The trips are doomed from two scenarios (Only applies when everybody tries to do everything together)

Scenario 1

Nobody never knows what they want to do and nobody wants to take the lead so you end up with the "What do you want to do?" " I don't know, what do you want to do?" convo.

Shortly after that everybody gets agitated because time gets wasted and the group ends up doing something nobody really wants to do because nobody else had a better idea and nobody wanted to say no. Trip goes downhill from here.
Scenario 2

The trip planning is taken over by the master planner who tries to plan 100 activities into each day. Given that the group is a large size in one house it ends up moving at a snails pace and the master planner ends up getting agitated and things go downhill from there.

I've since moved to the "This is what I'm doing today, whose coming with me"" approach unless there is a pre planned event I want to take part of.
I'm more the one who people ask "Hey, where have you been?" and then I tell them about my activities for the day.