FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Birthday...UA J Mileage Run? SFO-TPE-HKG-EWR-HNL-MAJ-KWA-KSA-PNI-TKK-GUM-HNL-SFO
Old Jul 16, 2016, 3:58 pm
JVPhoto

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
The Langham, Hong Kong

It was on sale on Expedia and I had a few points to get like a $75 credit as well so I went ahead for it. I actually booked a room at The Ritz to celebrate my birthday but decided it was money wasted when being alone.

I was in HK in February for a few days before flying to Thailand, so really this trip was just to stop over for a quick 2 nights as I had my ticket HKG-EWR where I found the R space at booking to buy Y and use a GPU for BusinessFirst.

I was early so I actually took the train from HKG to HK then connected to Central and took the MRT to TST. Even with taking my time I still had about 90 min before I could check in. Dropped my bags and not far I found Itacho Sushi. Pretty good, order it all by iPad.

Also in TST is No. 1 Coffee Club which is great, stopped by there as well before heading back to the hotel.

Comfortable, clean, relaxing.

After working out at California Fitness in The One building I stopped by this place to get some onigiri to take back. Smallest amount of filling in the middle, EVER.

It was raining hard when I got hungry so I just went downstairs to Main Street Deli to get a burger for dinner. Was pretty tasty, but pretty expensive for what it was (by HK/NYC standards)...$40 USD.

The pool and gym at the hotel were actually pretty decent.

I'm a sucker for the Star Ferry. Never in a hurry here so makes it a bit fun to get across Victoria Harbor.

Had a great lunch at Ohlala in Central. Still came out to be cheaper than my dinner.

From Be Juiced...just what I needed.

At check in they gave me a card for a free drink in the lobby lounge, pretty comfortable and nice spot. Big drink and wine lists. Wonderful service.

Breakfast also had lots of good choices and options.

If you're looking at the hotel I don't see a reason to not book it. But, with countless hotels in HK if...when I come back I'll most likely try something else out.