FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hoteling.com bankruptcy?
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2016, 12:30 pm
Travel83

Hoteling.com bankruptcy?

After finding a "deal" on a hotel in Miami Beach through TripAdvisor price comparison that had Hoteling.com featured as the click through booking site to access deal. While the rate was suspiciously lower then hotel direct or the other OTAs,my assumption was TripAdvisor would not have a potentially problematic company as a link through supplier. Yesterday, I learned hoteling.com as part of the www.lowcostholidays.com group has ceased operations. Worse yet,they are not ATOL protected as would have been required in EU, so refund will likely never happen. What a disaster..

I immediately called hotel and they had already received word on this and cancelled my booking as they were advised they would not be paid. Rebooking would be at almost double rate I have "paid" already. Highly advise anyone who has upcoming reservation on Lowcostbeds or Hoteling.com call the hotel and hopefully can protect reservation, although hotels will and rightly so require payment as they did not receive from these companies in advance.