FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Outshone By BA in Customer Service
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2016, 11:27 am
bse118

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingHighest
[COLOR=black]3. I am surprised anyone thinks an AA desk agent would have fixed this. AA has maintained in all of our correspondence that never under any circumstances would they change a destination city unless the person paid the fare difference, for a Gold status customer. They MIGHT waive the change fee, but that would be all.
Because that's been our - my - experience a number of times. BUT: once you accepted the revised booking/routing to Zurich, AA rightly considered the matter closed. Your window to make the change was when you were first looking at rerouting options, not after you'd already accepted - and flown part of - a new route.

Originally Posted by FlyingHighest
One last question for the thread. [FONT="Calibri"]rom my research online there is something calledArticle 19 of the Montreal Convention that does not apply to domestic travel, but appears to apply to international travel. Based onthe below, I think I would have a very clear basis to sue for compensation for allfinancial losses, had BA not helped me out. Not putting me on the alternate flight was a reasonable way to help mitigate my damages, especially given that it was equal distance, equal price, and empty. ...<snip>....

The question of what constitutes "all reasonablemeasures" is one for the fact finder. Where the airliner is found notto have taken all reasonable measures ...<snip>
You bought a ticket to Zurich - AA is reasonably obligated to deliver you to Zurich. Not to another destination on the opposite side of the country. That fact that they could have done so as a customer service gesture does not constitute any expectation that they should do so.

My humble suggestion is that you really consider whether this is worth your time and trouble for what is likely to be very little satisfaction.