FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do you have to prove a disability to TSA
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:08 am
saizai

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
When I went through the NOS at Dulles a year or so ago, I had put a crumpled paper towel near my "private area." Sure enough, an "anomaly" showed up on the Gumby screen. The clerk asked about the "anomaly" before he started his "pat-down" and I told him I had a medical condition. When that didn't satisfy him, I said (loud enough for other male & female clerks and fellow passengers to hear): "I have genital warts caused by years of unprotected sex. They are really oozing right now." Needless to say, I was released from the checkpoint without further screening.
I laughed.

However, suggestion for next time: don't make statements, just implications. Let them come to their own conclusions.

For instance: I've gone through TSA several times wearing a kilt, held up by a webbing and D-ring belt. They wanted me to take my belt off.

So I asked them to put in writing that they really, really wanted to insist that I remove my belt, and suggested that they probably really did not want to do that.

They backed down. My belt stayed on. Nobody got flashed.

However, one time (at MIA), the TSO patting me down grabbed my dick through my kilt. The police refused to take a report about it.