FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX Red Coat wants more $ for confirmed pax with BP
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:51 pm
btonkid12345

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
OP - I am so sorry for your experience. I haven't had the best experiences at LAX but have been treated well at the SkyClub, and never had anything this insane happen. I've had some out of the way IRROPS (albeit in coach, but still on a V fare) and no questions at LAX.

I would have pushed for the station manager. I had to speak to the operations manager at LAX to get my issue sorted out eventually. But prior to speaking to him, the DM desk basically fixed things for me.

The Red Coat should be fired. The "D1 Director" also needs a serious rebuke if they gave you such a hard time for what was going to be an empty seat anyways. Report all of this and pursue it seriously, with serious compensation, so it stings them and so they seriously look into it. This should not be acceptable behavior, especially with IRROPs.

OP - did they end up denying you boarding on the original flight? If so, and you had a BP, clearly it is IDB. You should immediately ask them for the compensation at the airport, and if they refuse, file a DOT complaint. This is some serious BS.

Last edited by btonkid12345; Jul 14, 2016 at 5:58 pm