FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crowne Plaza (LAX)
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:08 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Happy
Have you actually done the walk? The sidewalk does NOT run all the way.

Nobody in his sane mind would walk on the very busy roads with non stop traffic.

The poster claimed to walk does not seem actually has done the walk.

The sidewalk does not seem to run all the way from CP location to the terminals. There are stretches do not seem to have sidewalk at all - you would be walking in a narrow strip by the concrete barrier with cars zooming by you. I would not take the walk even without luggage because I do not want to be hit by a car!
Yes I have done the walk from LAX to the CP (and vice versa). It was a week ago. It's sidewalk all the way. No need to do the "have I got a sane mind" consideration

Simply walk to T1 then head eastwards along World Way outside the arrivals doors under the departures concourse then blend onto the sidewalk along W Century BLvd. Formal pedestrian crossings with lights make it safe. Resist the temptation to walk eastwards from the southern terminals (eg T6) - it gets messy when you have to figure out how to cross lots of busy roads.

It's an easy walk. Google maps showed me the walking route.

Oh, and no police. But why would the police think there was something odd about someone with a carry-on wheelie bag at an airport?

Last edited by og; Jul 14, 2016 at 3:46 pm Reason: Clarification of path outside T1