FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to xONEx Rule Sheet
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2016, 1:01 am
pandaperth

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Looks like I did a sloppy job of checking the changes in the latest (2016-April-22) rule sheet, and I missed two items (at least!)

This post discusses what I think is the more significant item, and my next post will discuss the other item.

ajnaro has pointed out in another thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...l#post26914209) that the wording of the "Sales Restrictions" section has changed

The pre April 22nd wording was (my bolding):
When travel originates in a country for which a specific local currency fares is published and the ticket is sold in
another country, the fare will be that published for the country of origin converted to the currency of the country of sale
at the bank selling rate. The resultant fare must not be lower than from the country of sale.
Exception: Not applicable when BOTH travel originates and sales are made within Europe
And the new wording is:
When travel originates in a country for which a specific local currency fares is published and the ticket is sold in another country, the fare will be that published for the country of origin converted to the currency of the country of sale at the bank selling rate.
So, as ajnaro said in his post
It's as if the whole world became one big 'Canadian exception'
^

So now I'm thinking of purchasing my next ex-Africa xONEx in Australia to avoid the FX fees my Australian CC provider charges.

Last edited by pandaperth; Jul 14, 2016 at 1:32 am