FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIXT - FRA - Available vehicles?
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:34 pm
Schweden

Originally Posted by blackstripe77
Thanks. Did you end up renting from the airport? I'm mainly looking to rent from there as it will be more convenient to return to the airport. If I end up renting LDAR or FDAR I'd be happy with either the BMW Audi or Mercedes. I rented an Audi A4 from Silvercar at SFO once and really enjoyed it. Still, the unicorn 550d sounds fun.
I rented once from the airport and once from the 24h Frankfurt Ost location. The Frankfurt Ost location wasn't inconvenient and saved me about US$200 on a one-week LDAR rental. Unfortunately, their selection is a bit smaller than FRA's and they might only have one vehicle in a reserved class. That being said, they did have cars like the M550d, M4, F-Type, and SLC available. Perhaps you should look into booking an LSMR vehicle as you'd probably get a BMW 430d. If you're willing to pay the airport premium, you should just go ahead and make several cancellable reservations with several agencies so that you can choose your car. Another option at the airport is renting from Europcar Selection as they apparently have several interesting guaranteed models such as a GTI or an S5.