FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] AA/BA: YYZ-VCE Economy/Premium Economy Same Price??
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:29 pm
cedejah

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by SensFan
I upgraded my second ticket last week and it was ticketed soon thereafter. The AAgent I had was spectacular, she knew exactly what to do and had it all done within 20 minutes.

I thought I might have to HUCU when she initially said I was in Y but she had been looking at the other legs and admitted her mistake. I didn't push to get the intra-Europe legs upgraded, I am happy with the TATL.

The trickiest part on these tickets is that they need to be changed to the BA flight number in order for the upgrade to be processed. This requires the agent to call the fare desk and that is where you will end up with people saying that this is a restricted fare.

Regardless of whether it is restricted, the rules for upgrading from WT+ just say a published WT+ fare (https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...r-airlines.jsp). There is no mention on the site that restricted fares are not eligible but there are some people at the fare desk who have made up that rule I think...

One odd thing that I have noticed is that seat selection no longer seems available. I guess I will have to call in but on my first ticket I recall selecting all of my seats online (upgraded and regular).
My flight has been changed to the BA flight number and as I said I spoke to BA and they said everything seems fine from their end. It's just that when I go on to the AA website it says 'Status - on request" but strangely enough on the AA mobile app it says 'status - ticketed'.