FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Time International Flyer: Booking Air France Premium Economy
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:14 pm
btonkid12345

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by chil
I fly PE on AF across the Atlantic several times a year. The leg room in PE is substantially larger -- it is really really bad in AF Y. Regarding the recline -- it's a matter of taste. I find it OK on BOS-CDG and JFK-CDG flights which are 5.5-6.5h long, so I mostly work or watch movies. On longer flights (LAX-CDG) it's a bit more problematic. Also, they provide power outlets in PE but not in Y.

Reading this: http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...fort-plus.html I can see: "Take advantage of your time in the air with access to Sky Priority boarding, dedicated overhead bin space, extra legroom, superior snacks on longer flights, free drinks, and complimentary premium entertainment." I had those snacks on BOS-DTW, even though I wouldn't consider it a "longer flight". They offer a snack basket to business class passengers and the same basket then goes to C+ with whatever is left.
On your first point, perhaps the length of my flight made the non-reclinable (at an angle) seat worse. It was CDG-NRT, a nearly 12 hour flight. And my height like exacerbated it. The legroom is greater than regular economy (unless you are in one of those sweet seats without anyone in front of you).

Regarding C+ snacks on DL...this is mainly for domestic flights longer than 900 miles. This snack basket usually has oatmeal bars, fresh fruit of some sort (usually bananas) for breakfast, Sun Chips, Twix, Savannah-made cookies (whether key lime variety as they've had recently, or the original almond flavor), Wise chips, etc. When I sit in first domestically, I usually have to ask for Twix or Sun Chips if I want them as they do NOT pass these in first (and if you migrate to the DL board, you will see folks complain as those snacks are usually preferred to what they have in the First snack basket on medium-length flights).

That page seems like it needs updating...all premium entertainment is complimentary for the entire plane now regardless of flight length, and all beer/wine/spirits are free on international flights for the whole plane too. The snack basket you refer to is for domestic service only; it is not part of the norm for international service, and like I said sometimes may include some leftover half sandwiches, Milanos, and ramen noodles that they sometimes have available as snacks for J.