FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Time International Flyer: Booking Air France Premium Economy
Old Jul 13, 2016, 12:38 pm
chil

Programs: FB (platinum for life), AAdvantage (exec platinum), Aeroflot Bonus (gold)
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
I personally have been op-upped to AF Premium Economy twice in the last year, and have disliked it both times (although once I didn't sleep the night before so I slept through the whole flight and woke up with a neck ache).

The seats don't recline in the traditional fashion - this is to keep the "shell" and prevent someone in front of you from taking up your space - but instead it just "slides" downwards. This is comfortable for shorter people, but for people over 6 feet, is quite uncomfortable.
I fly PE on AF across the Atlantic several times a year. The leg room in PE is substantially larger -- it is really really bad in AF Y. Regarding the recline -- it's a matter of taste. I find it OK on BOS-CDG and JFK-CDG flights which are 5.5-6.5h long, so I mostly work or watch movies. On longer flights (LAX-CDG) it's a bit more problematic. Also, they provide power outlets in PE but not in Y.

I have never had better food in AF PE. It is the same food they serve in Economy. AF PE does have noise canceling headphones, though.
The main course choice is the same as in Y, but desserts/salads are much better.

Regarding DL Comfort +, they don't give any of the business class service items to the Main Cabin/Comfort + officially. Not sure where anyone got this from. At times, the cabin crew may offer individuals with status a ramen noodle or pack of Milano cookies lying around the cabin, but this is far from official procedure and should not be expected at all.
Reading this: http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...fort-plus.html I can see: "Take advantage of your time in the air with access to Sky Priority boarding, dedicated overhead bin space, extra legroom, superior snacks on longer flights, free drinks, and complimentary premium entertainment." I had those snacks on BOS-DTW, even though I wouldn't consider it a "longer flight". They offer a snack basket to business class passengers and the same basket then goes to C+ with whatever is left.