FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Options for brief stopovers traveling by train in Japan?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:18 am
jphripjah

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Thank you both very much. My main purpose of this trip is visiting baseball stadiums.

I'm starting off with two nights in Sapporo for a game, then one night Sendai for another game, then 2 nights in Tokyo, which might include one game at most.

Then a night in Nagoya for a game and two nights in Osaka/Kobe for two more games if I'm not sick of baseball by then. I'm looking at 4-6 games over 8 nights.

Have been to Kyoto, Osaka, and Tokyo before, the rest of the places will be new for me. Stopping in Nara between Nagoya and Osaka looks like a great idea.

Due to the length of the Sapporo-Sendai train ride, I won't be able to see much in Sendai before the game. Would have time the next morning if there is anything interesting to see. But I want to get to Tokyo at a reasonable time to enjoy the Park Hyatt (staying two nights courtesy of Chase sign up).

If I have time for just a morning of sightseeing in Sendai, what should I see? Would also have a half day in Sapporo and in Nagoya I guess, any tips appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by jphripjah; Jul 13, 2016 at 9:26 am