FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Time International Flyer: Booking Air France Premium Economy
Old Jul 13, 2016, 7:33 am
btonkid12345

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by chil
Hi

1. AF premium economy is a separate cabin with much better seats, slightly better food, and noise cancellation headphones on some flights, while on DL the best you can hope for is "Comfort Plus", which is a seat in one of the front rows of the main cabin with slightly increased leg room and free snacks from business class (in case they don't eat them all).
I personally have been op-upped to AF Premium Economy twice in the last year, and have disliked it both times (although once I didn't sleep the night before so I slept through the whole flight and woke up with a neck ache).

The seats don't recline in the traditional fashion - this is to keep the "shell" and prevent someone in front of you from taking up your space - but instead it just "slides" downwards. This is comfortable for shorter people, but for people over 6 feet, is quite uncomfortable.

I have never had better food in AF PE. It is the same food they serve in Economy. AF PE does have noise canceling headphones, though.

Regarding DL Comfort +, they don't give any of the business class service items to the Main Cabin/Comfort + officially. Not sure where anyone got this from. At times, the cabin crew may offer individuals with status a ramen noodle or pack of Milano cookies lying around the cabin, but this is far from official procedure and should not be expected at all.