FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transiting in J through Doha on Qatar
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2016, 1:27 am
msm2000uk
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by bostan
Hi all, just came across this thread and wanted to see if I could get some clarification. I've transited I'm DOH twice, but each time I had 1.5hrs so only had time for a snack and shower. Will be flying in J from CMB-DOH-BOS with a 7hr layover in DOH.

- I was under the impression that only the Al Safwa (F) lounge had private sleeping rooms. Does Al Mourjan (Biz) lounge have them as well?
- Does anyone know if flights from CMB arrive at a gate location or an apron location where I will need to wait for the buses?
- The CMB-DOH flight is operated by an A340-600, which according to seat guru has a F section. On QR's website, I can only book business fares and it's says no F class is available. Is it one of those flights where F seats are reserved for elites but served as Business class?

Apologies if these questions have already been answered. I couldn't seem to find it in any of the threads. Many thanks in advance!
Hi Bostan,

The A340's used to have an F class, but they have since been refurbished to offer a much better product in J - with the loss of the seats that were in F.

In terms of whether you will have a remote-stand, it is totally random. That being said, it would be rare for an A340 to be parked away from the main Concourses, so I would probably assume a parking stand with a jetway into the Terminal.

While the Al Mourjan does not have specific sleeping rooms, it does have Sleeper Pods with comfortable sleeper chairs - located to the right hand side as you enter the Lounge. Note that there is also a Quiet Section with lounge-chairs, but the room is not that quiet when you factor in snoring, whispering, etc.

Safe travels,

M