FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transiting in J through Doha on Qatar
View Single Post
Old Jul 12, 2016, 4:53 pm
Ender4576

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Hyatt Plat, SPG/MAR Gold, Nat'l EEE
Originally Posted by remdk
Ender4576 just follow the signs for Transfer. If you have your onward boarding passes then go through security and into the airside departure area. There is no passport control for transfer. The Airport hotel and lounges are all airside.

A word of warning: the airport hotel, which is airside, is usually fully booked a long time in advance. So unless you already have a confirmed reservation you are unlikely to get a room.

You give no information as to flight numbers, cabin class or OW status so my reply must be as vague as your question.

If you are traveling in J then you will have access to Al Mourjan lounge. The lounge has a number of private sleeping rooms which are on a first come first served basis.

If you are not in J then any lounge your OW status gives you access to has no sleeping rooms.

Sorry for not providing more detail, I am traveling in J so was planning on using the Al Mourjan lounge for dinner when we land. The Airport Hotel we were looking to book for the 6 hour stint if we couldn't find 2 open "sleeping rooms" in the lounge --- that's good information that it's usually sold out in advance. I'll send them an e-mail now to ask about getting the room for 6 hours (they require e-mail for the hourly rate it seems). I'm on an AA Award ticket, so unfortunately I don't qualify for the STPC.

Thanks for the input!!