FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ventra Card Status: Closed!
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2016, 11:28 am
YourNameHere

Ventra Card Status: Closed!

My wife and I are heading for a week-long vacation in Chicago on Tuesday. This morning, I went online to load our Ventra cards with 7-day passes. When I logged into my wife's account and clicked on My Cards, I was surprised to see that the status of her card is "Closed" even though it worked perfectly last time we were there last summer (2015) and is supposed to expire in 2020.

Even stranger, her transaction history has an entry in April of this year with a description of "Back Office" for a credit of $2.25. She was nowhere near Chicago in April, and has never called CS for any reason. There is no offsetting $2.25 charge transaction, even though her balance shows $0.00 (as we fully expect).

My Ventra card is fine and I can add money or passes to it as usual.

So, right now, we can't add the 7-day pass to her card like we wanted to. Of course I'll call CS first thing Monday morning to hopefully get this cleared up. But the curiosity is killing me. Anybody have any idea why her card could have been closed? And what in the world does that transaction from April 2016 mean? Strange indeed.