FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Review Sofitel Barcelona Skipper (ex Pullman)
Old Jul 10, 2016, 7:28 am
DYKWIA
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I've just got back from a week at the Pullman Skipper. I was a bit disappointed.

It took an age to check in. Both our passports needed were required, and every detail was entered into their system. I'm not sure if this is a Spanish requirement, or just something this hotel does.

No upgrade, so we got a standard room.

The noise was pretty bad. There are a few nightclubs close by, so you get lots of people shouting and singing until 5am when some of them close. The balcony doors don't seem to offer any soundproofing.

The air conditioning seems to be centrally controlled. So, although it was set to 19 degrees, it never got less than about 21, which is too warm for me to sleep comfortably. It's also annoying that the cleaners turn the fan speed to minimum each day, so it's sweltering when you get back after a day in the heat.

The restaurant prices were way over the top. A potato/tuna salad was EUR15, and was presented with no tuna! So, some leaves and a couple of potatoes. After complaining, we got a plate of tuna.

And EUR8 for a pint of San Migual

I unexpectedly received a bottle of Cava on my birthday. That was a nice touch.