FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Airlines Route changes
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2016, 4:09 am
chinatraderjmr

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by delta154
A few route changes coming up next year.

March 1st sees the following:

SQ327/328 changes to a SIN-MUC-SIN routing on A350

SQ61/62 changes to a SIN-MAN-IAH-MAN-SIN routing, and increases to daily:

SQ62 SIN 0230 MAN 0810-0940 IAH 1405
SQ61 IAH 1740 MAN 0835-1005 SIN 0615+1

At the moment, there is no indication on what happens to DME.

Info is supported by internal emails to MAN staff, slot requests at Manchester for 2 daily flights from SQ (SQ have only ever applied for the slots they intend to use in all the time they have been at MAN), and the fact the SQ327/328 looses its F class cabin completely from 1st March.

Confirmations expected around Sept/Oct time.
I CANT SPEAK TO DME-SIN but a good friend who's an exec w EK (as well another friend who's the GM of one of Jumeirah beaches 5* hotel just told me last month that Russian business has dropped off worse then EVER expected in the last 6 months. I know this is a SINGAPORE thread but the reason I was told Russian business has dropped off so drastically is they just can't afford to travel (duh ............Russians are going thru a hard time with no real end in sight - they just can't afford to travel. The IAH flight was supposed to boost all that so called energy business between Russia and Houston........they money just isn't there anymore for Russians to travel like they used to.........

Of course there is still need for Russians to travel to DFW and IAH in all 3 classes (but not so much a need that a non stop is called for.....LH/LX/BA or OS, etc easily can get people between Russia and the rest of the world.