FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post-Southwest Flight Experience And Things United Can Learn
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:24 pm
PVDtoDEL

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wetrat0
I don't see how it could be stressful. Aside from a very small number of seats (that you need to be A-List to get), all the seats have identical space. It's your preference whether you want front/back, aisle/window. You just walk on in your assigned order and sit down somewhere that looks good. Of course it helps to be near the beginning if you're picky. But I have to agree with the OP that boarding is messed up at United (and AA).
Board at the end of the Bs sometime and then tell me it's not stressful. Every empty middle seat you walk past makes you think "maybe there aren't any more aisles/windows left and I should just try to stick closer to the front." And indeed, this happened to a person just a few spots behind me in line - he went all the way to the back hoping for a window or an aisle, and instead got stuck in last row middle. He could've had 2B, but he took a risk and got rewarded with a tight space, no window, no recline, and the longest wait to get off the plane possible.. That's stressful.