FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Popcorn for the mind - books
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:57 am
MrTemporal

Popcorn for the mind - books

When I travel I like to take some light reading along.

In the past few years I have been reading the adventures of Stone Barrington the former detective now lawyer who gets money shoveled his way by all sorts of acquaintances, old and new. "Stone, I've only known you for 5 minutes but I need a lawyer to handle a purchase in upstate New York. Will a $500,000 retainer be sufficient?" And, he never has to sleep alone since beautiful women always want to get him into bed. "Stone, I just met you at this party, how about we go to my place for more drinks and I will make you breakfast in the morning." And if Stone gets to bored he always can engage in playfull banter with his lifelong friend Dino the NY city detective "Stone, would you like to meet my friend Don Alberto, the former mobster now on the board of every charity in town? He has money and a beautiful daughter he wants to marry off?" What a life!

These books have been described by others as "popcorn for the mind".

In any event I am running out of Stone Barrington stories to read and am looking for other similar light reading. Nothing heavy, nothing gory, just light reading that keeps one interested enough to want to continue reading rather than watch that little screen attached to the seat in front of me.

What popcorn for the mind do you recommend on a long flight?